A Taste of Africa | Kenya
Embark on an enriching adventure that combines adventure, cultural immersion, and wildlife encounters, allowing you to forge life-long memories while gaining a real appreciation for the mesmerising richness of Kenya.
True to its name, “A Taste of Africa,” this itinerary ensures you have an intimate experience, with small groups of 8 like-minded individuals enjoying authentic African moments. Delve into Kenya’s vibrant cultural heritage, awe-inspiring landscapes, and extraordinary wildlife on this real African experience.
This tour is a blend of thrilling safaris in the Maasai Mara, a delightful and effortless cycling escapade in Hell’s Gate National Park, and meaningful interactions and connections with local communities, offering you a genuine glimpse into African life. Whether you are game driving across the expansive savannas of the Maasai Mara or engaging in deep and meaningful conversations and cultivating friendships with locals, this experience will be forever in your memory.
Enjoy comfortable accommodations that provide the real authenticity of the environment we are in, from stunning safari camps in the Maasai Mara, to lovely spacious suites in Nairobi, to beach bungalows at Diani Beach
Immerse yourself in the heart of Kenya, where authenticity meets comfort, cultural richness intertwines with immersive encounters, and every moment resonates with the spirit of Africa.
Only $1,500 Deposit!!
Balance payable 3 months before trip departure
“All your local guides are marvellous people, and excellent staff at our accommodation” Colin, September 2018
“The most amazing trip I have ever done in my life” Yvonne, September 2018
“It’s hard to find the words to describe this amazing Kenya trip” Pam, February 2018
- Spend a morning at our very own primary school, Tamariki Education Centre
- Take a bicycle in stunning geothermal Hells Gate National Park
- Enjoy a bush walk with Denise’s Maasai friend Joseph and learn bush medicines
- Visit a baby elephant orphanage and fall in love
- Visit a traditional wood carvers co-op and marvel at the incredible work produced
- Visit a jewellery making enterprise – for solo mums
- Go on a 3 day safari in world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Shop for traditional art, craft and jewellery
- Visit an environmental project turning discarded jandals into stunning craft
- Game drive in search of the Big-five and many iconic African wildlife
- Spend 3 nights at Kenya’s gorgeous Indian Ocean coast – snorkelling, swimming
- Length of Tour: 19 Days
- Places we visit: Nairobi, Lake Naivasha, Maasai Mara, Diani Beach
- Price: NZ$ 8,600 – share twin, set departure date
- Price: NZ$ 9,200 – share twin, departure date of choice. A private tour – minimum 4-guests
- Single Supplement: NZ$ 1,600 – 2 available, optional only
- Inclusives: comfortable accommodation, most meals, all transport, internal flight, park fees, activity fees, entrance fees
- Exclusives: international flights, visa, travel ensurance, personal spending, optional activities, tips and gratuities
- Type of Tour: Travel by tour van and 4×4 safari jeep, low level fitness required
- Accommodation: An authentic mix of comfortable accommodations suited to the enironment: lovely guest suites in a gated compound in Nairobi, safari camp complete with permanent tents (including ensuite bathrooms and comfy beds) in Maasai Mara, African style banda huts on the lake front of Lake Naivasha, and a private beach property with pool set in a stunning garden setting at Diani Beach
- Size of Tour: 8 people plus your experienced Tour Guide
- Arrive & Depart: From Nairobi, Kenya
- 6th February 2024 – 24th February 2024
- 25th August – 12th September 2024
- For a private tour, this will be your date of choice
"*" indicates required fields
Things you ought to know
- Nairobi and Surrounds
- 3 Day Safari into the Masai Mara
- 3 Day African Safari to Lake Naivasha
- 3 days Diani Beach
Fitness Level Required
As long as you are of good health and have a reasonable level of fitness, you will be absolutely fine for this tour. The only real activity rehquiring physical activity is a game cycle through a national park.
The purpose of the cycle safari is to experience the stunning surroundings outside the confines of a safari jeep stopping frequently for photo opportunities. It’s not a race! Of course cycling is not compulsory, you do have the choice of jumping in our tour van which cruises along following the cyclists.
Our safari game drives are in 4×4 safari vehicles, purpose built for off-road game driving. A lot of undulating bumpy driving, so often we have to hold on tight. There are viewing platforms for game spotting, so you will also want to be able to get up and down out of your seat to view wildlife.
We have carefully selected a range of comfortable accommodation styles to suit the various surroundings of this itnerary, as below:-
Nairobi: we stay in lovely guest suites situated in the quiet leafy upmarket suburb of Karen, on the outskirts of Nairobi. Suites are twin-share, with bathroom and spacious living area and kitchen.
Lake Naivasha: an idyllic peaceful setting is the perfect ambience for our stay at Lake Naivasha. Here we stay in tastefully decorated African style banda huts in a camp situated right on the lake front. Sit out on your private verandah and watch the wildlife frolic at the lake edge.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: here we’ll be staying on location in a lovely traditional safari camp nestled in the bush. Our accommodation here will be in upmarket permanent tents – complete with wooden furniture and ensuite bathrooms
Diani Beach: we’ll enjoy a fabulous stay in our own stunning private residence, situated a block away from the glorious Diani Beach. The property comprises a main house, with 2 other separate dwellings, a stunning pool and outdoor garden setting , and various leisure areas – perfect for R and R to end the tour.
It’s all about experiencing up-close and personal encounters with Africa’s finest wildlife
Game driving in the savanna, in search of the “BIG 5” – leopard, elephant, lion, buffalo, rhino.
Interacting with the Masai tribal community.
Experiencing the exhilaration of staying in a tented camp in the fabulous Mara, where wild animals roam freely.
Accommodation: We rough it a bit by staying in ‘permanent tents’ as part of the camp area. It’s similar to low end glamping style. An ensuite is provided with each tent; each tent sleeps 2 or 3 persons.
It’s all about spotting wildlife in its’ natural habitat
Taking a small boat trip out on to Lake Naivasha for a close encounter with hippos and hopefully some pink flamingos.
Cycling safari through Hell’s Gate National Park, nestled in the Great Rift Valley, for game viewing, and to take in the magnificent natural beauty of this geo-thermal area.
Exploring the volcanic region, including a 50 metre descent down onto an ancient canyon floor.
Accommodation: We stay in cottages at a lovely tranquil lake front camp
Stylish Guest Suites
Leafy suburb of Karen, Nairobi
Stunning Camp Carnelleys
Permanent Tents with Ensuite
Bathroom – Masai Mara
Maili Saba Camp
Book your place or contact us for more information
Helping Hand Africa Tours & Safaris – Begin an adventure that will change your life
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mailing list
Join the Helping Hand Africa Tours mailing list to stay in the loop and receive exclusive updates. Be the first to know about our latest tours, travel tips, and special offers. Subscribe today and embark on a journey of discovery with us!