Family Memories | Safari & Tour Kenya |
Bookings for 2022 – get in quick, only 8 places
: Tour Facts
- Length of Tour: 16 Days
- Cost: From $7,300 NZD (Adult), $4,300 NZD (Child) – share twin. Note: Price excludes flights, transfers, visas, and insurance however we can happily assist you with these.
- Type of Tour: An authentic tour, with families in mind. Just two days of low end glamping; remainder is in cottages & houses.
- Size of Tour: 8 people plus your Tour Guide, Tony Ngotho
- Arrive & Depart: From Nairobi, Kenya
Accommodation & Food: While in Nairobi: staying in a lovely house in a leafy suburb on the outskirts of Nairobi; shared rooms.
- Staying at an authentic African camp at Lake Naivasha; shared rooms. (2 nights).
- Staying in a tented camp in the fabulous Masai Mara, low-end glamping style. (2 nights).
- Staying in a lovely private property at gorgeous Diani Beach (3 nights).
- Meals included as part of the tour price: Most breakfasts, a few lunches, and most evening meals.
Only $800 Deposit!!
balance payable 2 months before trip departure
“All your local guides are marvellous people, and excellent staff at our accommodation”
Colin, September 2018
“If you can go on this trip do it. Most amazing, life changing trip. “
Caitlin, June 2018
“The itinerary was perfect – a nice variety of things to do and see – interesting places and people.” Eleanor, July 2018
- Exploring the diverse city of Nairobi and surrounds including visiting a baby elephant orphanage, a giraffe centre, and baby animal orphanage.
- 3 day African safari to Lake Naivasha, with a boat trip out on the lake for a close encounter with hippos and possibly some pink flamingos.
- 3 day safari into the world famous Masai Mara. This includes game driving in the savanna, in search of the “BIG 5” – leopard, elephant, lion, buffalo, rhino and staying in a tented camp in the fabulous Masai Mara, where wild animals roam freely.
- 4 day excursion to experience Kenya’s beautiful Indian Ocean coast, where you can rest and relax on a white sandy palm-tree fringed beach, swim in the crystal clear aqua sea, or take a glass-bottom boat ride out to a white sandy reef.
- Back to Nairobi for final day and celebratory group dinner. This is our final evening meal together, so we make the most of it. We get to sit back, relax, and enjoy all that Nairobi has to offer.
2022: To be advised
- Nairobi and Surrounds
- 3 Day Safari into the Masai Mara
- 3 Day African Safari to Lake Naivasha
- 4 days Diani Beach
We begin our tour experiencing a true taste of what Nairobi has to offer. This includes:
- Visiting our School Tamariki Educational Centre
- Exploring the diverse city of Nairobi and surrounds
- Trawling local handcraft markets for shopping
- Visiting David Sheldrick’s baby elephant orphanage
- Visiting Karen Blixen’s coffee farm
- Visiting and supporting community enterprise projects Kazuri Beads, and Akamba Woodcarvers
- Experiencing afternoon tea on a sustainable organic animal and vegetable farm and a traditional Kenyan tribal dance concert.
It’s all about experiencing up-close and personal encounters with Africa’s finest wildlife
Game driving in the savanna, in search of the “BIG 5” – leopard, elephant, lion, buffalo, rhino.
Interacting with the Masai tribal community.
Experiencing the exhilaration of staying in a tented camp in the fabulous Mara, where wild animals roam freely.
Accommodation: We rough it a bit by staying in ‘permanent tents’ as part of the camp area. It’s similar to low end glamping style. An ensuite is provided with each tent; each tent sleeps 2 or 3 persons.
It’s all about spotting wildlife in its’ natural habitat
Taking a small boat trip out on to Lake Naivasha for a close encounter with hippos and hopefully some pink flamingos.
Cycling safari through Hell’s Gate National Park, nestled in the Great Rift Valley, for game viewing, and to take in the magnificent natural beauty of this geo-thermal area.
Exploring the volcanic region, including a 50 metre descent down onto an ancient canyon floor.
Accommodation: We stay in cottages at a lovely tranquil lake front camp
We take a 1 hour flight to arrive at Kenya’s Indian Ocean Coast. It is time to kick back and relax.
Lazing on the snow white sandy palm-tree fringed beach and swimming in the crystal clear aqua sea
Taking a glass-bottom boat ride out to a white sandy reef
Snorkelling and other water sports (at extra cost)
Interacting with the locals
Indulging in a great deal of “R n R” around the pool
Accommodation: We stay in a house on a gorgeous, gated and private property.
Then we return back to Nairobi for a final group dinner!
Your Tour Accommodation & Safari Experience
House in Karen
Outskirts of Nairobi
Our Safari Vehicles
Masai Mara Game Driving
Book your place or contact us for more information
Helping Hand Africa Tours & Safaris – Begin an adventure that will change your life
Helping Hand African Tours & Safaris
(+64) 27 636 5229
Helping Hand African Tours & Safaris is based in New Zealand
Helping Hand African
Tours and Safaris
Telephone: (+64) 27 636 5229